How to Cook Sausage in The Oven
There are many different ways to cook sausage, but one of the easiest is in the oven. Cooking sausage in the oven is a quick and easy way to make sure your breakfast or dinner is ready on time.
In this blog post, we will walk you through the steps for cooking sausage in the oven. We will also share some tips for making sure your sausage comes out perfectly cooked every time. Let’s get started!
See more: Things You Should Never Put in Your Oven
Can You Cook Sausage in The Oven?
Do you love baking as much as I do? It can be my favorite way to cook! Recently, while scrolling through my Facebook feed one day looking at all the amazing recipes people were sharing with their friends and families. There was this post that really stood out to me because it involved oven-baked sausages–something we always seemed to have but never make ourselves for some reason (I don’t know why either).
The idea seemed so simple: fill your pan up with raw meat; put on a layer of aluminum foil before laying down another sheet flat across both surfaces so nothing sticks; place in a cold oven; turn on the heat to 375F degrees and let it go for how long you want (usually 20-30 minutes). So we tried it, following the recipe exactly, and guess what? It worked perfectly! The sausages were cooked evenly all the way through and they tasted great.
See more: Types of Cooking Methods
How to Cook Sausage in The Oven
Now that you know how easy it is to cook sausage in the oven, let’s go over the steps so you can do it yourself at home.
- Grab your favorite type of fresh or frozen sausages for this recipe. Use 1 pound if you are just cooking one, 2 pounds if it’s two, and so on up to 5lbs depending on how many people eat in one sitting! This works with breakfast link patties too–you can make them into delicious handheld links that will delight anyone’s taste buds.
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees before doing anything else. If you forgot this step, no worries, just turn it on now and let the sausages cook a little longer since they will go into a cold environment.
- Next, line a baking sheet with some aluminum foil for easy cleanup later on. You can also use parchment paper if you want but I find that foil works best. Make sure to spray it down with cooking spray so nothing sticks!
- Now it’s time to add your sausages to the prepared pan. If you are using links, lay them down in a single layer so they all cook evenly. If you are using patties, place them on the pan with some space in between each one.
- Put the pan of sausages in the oven on the middle rack and let them cook for 20-30 minutes, or until they are cooked all the way through. The cook time will depend on how thick your sausages are so keep an eye on them after the 20-minute mark.
- Once they are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
See more: How to Cook Lobster Tail in Oven
How Long to Cook Sausage in Oven?
The great thing about cooking sausage in the oven is that you can cook as many or as few as you want at one time. This method is perfect for large gatherings or busy weeknights when you need to get dinner on the table fast.
I recommend cooking sausages for 30 minutes in the oven. This allows them to fully and safely cook, and brown on the outside slightly creating nice crispiness that you’ll love!
If you are cooking multiple sausages at once, be sure to space them out evenly on the baking sheet so they all cook evenly. You may need to adjust the cooking time depending on how many sausages you are cooking at once.
See more: How Long Oven Cook Salmon?
How To Know When Sausage Is Done?
The best way to know when sausage is done cooking is to use a meat thermometer. Sausage should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
To check the internal temperature of the sausage, insert the meat thermometer into the center of the sausage. If the sausage is not cooked through, continue cooking it in the oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once the sausage is cooked through, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips For Perfect Oven-Baked Sausage
Now that you know how to cook sausage in the oven, here are a few tips to make sure your sausage comes out perfectly every time:
- Choose fresh or frozen sausage for this recipe. If you are using frozen, be sure to thaw it completely before cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees so the sausages cook evenly all the way through.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray it down with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Place the sausages on the pan in a single layer so they cook evenly. If you are using patties, leave some space in between each one.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until they are cooked all the way through. The cook time will depend on how thick your sausages are so keep an eye on them after the 20-minute mark.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
What To Eat With Sausages?
There are so many delicious things you can eat with sausages! Here are a few of my favorite ideas:
– Serve them on a bun with your favorite toppings like ketchup, mustard, or mayo.
– Chop them up and add them to pasta dishes, rice dishes, or salads.
– Slice them thinly and serve them on a charcuterie board with other meats, cheeses, and crackers.
– Eat them as is as a quick and easy snack or meal!
Cooking sausage in the oven is a quick and easy way to make a delicious meal or snack. Be sure to follow the tips in this post for perfect results every time. And don’t forget to pair your sausages with your favorite sides and toppings!
Now you have all the information about how to cook sausage in the oven perfectly every time. Just remember to preheat your oven, line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and cook for 20-30 minutes. And don’t forget to use a meat thermometer to ensure they are cooked all the way through.
Don’t forget to check out my other how-to posts for more cooking tips and tricks! And if you try this recipe, be sure to let me know how it turned out in the comments below. Thanks for reading!