How to Cook T Bone Steak in Oven
Do you love cooking steak but don’t know how to cook a T bone steak? Look no further, because this tutorial will show you exactly how to do it. The great thing about cooking your steak in the oven is that you can easily adjust the temperature to make sure it’s cooked perfectly every time. So follow these simple steps and enjoy a delicious, juicy T-bone steak tonight!
The T-bone steak is a classic American cut of beef. It comprises a thick piece of meat that is taken from the short loin, and it has a T-shaped bone in the center. This type of steak is usually grilled or pan-fried, but it can also be cooked in the oven.
The best way to cook a steak is in the oven. The flavors and textures are much more complex than on the grill, which makes for some really delicious dinners! I’ll show you how long it takes, what temperatures should be used at different stages of cooking (and when), as well tips about pan searing that’ll make your food look professional-grade tasty goodness too.
Tender and juicy steaks are one of the best ways to enjoy an evening with friends or family, but what if you don’t have much cooking experience? I’ll show how easy it can be when we take some time for ourselves. Let’s make this super-low-maintenance dinner together!
Here’s what you need to make this cut of beef juicy, tender and tasty. There are many ways that we can spice up our favorite cuts with some added flair – like a little steak seasoning! The best part about searing them before cooking in the oven? You get all those rich flavors on top while still achieving perfect texture thanks not just to adding liquids at cook time but also by removing fat as well so they’re ready for whatever dish may come next.
-1 (1.25 to 1.5-inch-thick) T bone steak, trimmed
-Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
-1 teaspoon canola oil or other high smoke point oil
-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
-2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
-Fresh herbs (optional)
How to Cook T Bone Steak in Oven
1) Set out your ingredients – set aside about 15 minutes before cooking this t-bone steak recipe for it not only helps bring them closer to temperature but also makes sure everything’s seasoned well!
2) Preheat at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then add seasonings if using; Pat dry with paper towels and go ahead & give yourself some good old-fashioned meat love (not too much though).
3) You’ll want to preheat your skillet before adding the steak so that it doesn’t stick. Add a large cast iron pan on top of medium-high heat with olive oil inside, then add in some t-bone steaks for this tasty dinner recipe!
4) In a cast iron pan, sear both sides for 2 minutes on each large flat side and then add 30 seconds of searing just under where you want it cooked without burning or overcooking–this will give your meat more flavor!
5) Next place them into preheated broiler zone with Fan forced air circulation so that all parts can get evenly browned while keeping an eye out for any pinkness beginning at the centerline within 10 minutes
6) Resting is critical for all steaks, especially t bones! After taking it out of the broiler, let your meat sit for 3-5 minutes on a cutting board or platter tented with aluminum foil to keep heat in. This will help redistribute those delicious juices back into your steak making it even more succulent and juicy.
7) Garnish your steaks and enjoy. Cut the meat off of a bone, then slice it into pieces or serve in one big cut for maximum flavor (I recommend using my guide on how to cut t-bone steak). Top with whatever you like best – fresh chopped Italian parsley if prefer; cracked salt & pepper will also make their way onto these delicious dishes!
How to Cut T Bone Steak
After you’ve rested your steak, it’s time to start slicing! The first thing you’ll want to do is cut off all the bones. You can either do this by hand or use a sharp knife. Once the bones are removed, you can begin slicing the steak into thin strips or chunks. If you’re not sure how to slice t-bone steak, just follow these simple steps:
1) Start by cutting perpendicular to the grain of the meat. This will give you thin, tender slices that are easy to chew.
2) For a more rustic look, you can also choose to slice the steak horizontally. This will give you thicker, heartier slices that are perfect for hearty appetites!
3) If you want to keep the steak whole, you can simply slice it into thin strips or chunks. This is a great way to enjoy the steak without having to worry about slicing it perfectly!
4) Once you’ve cut the steak into thin strips or chunks, you can begin enjoying it immediately! If you’re not ready to eat it yet, you can store the steak in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
T Bone Steak Temperature Chart
-Rare: 120-125 degrees Fahrenheit
-Medium rare: 130-135 degrees Fahrenheit
-Medium: 140-145 degrees Fahrenheit
–Medium well: 150-155 degrees Fahrenheit
-Well done: 160+ degrees Fahrenheit
How to Serve T Bone Steak
Now that you know how to cook t-bone steak, it’s time to learn how to serve it! T-bone steak is delicious on its own, but there are many ways to dress it up for a special occasion. Here are some of our favorite ways to serve t-bone steak:
– Roasted vegetables
– Mashed potatoes
– Sautéed mushrooms
– A simple salad- with grilled onions
– Béarnaise sauce
– Hollandaise sauce
– Blue cheese dressing
– Chimichurri sauce
– A simple herb butter
See more: All-American T-bone recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious, juicy steak that’s sure to impress, look no further than the t-bone steak! This cut of meat is packed with flavor and tenderness, and it’s relatively easy to cook. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or simply want a delicious weeknight meal, this guide on how to cook t-bone steak in the oven will help you achieve success.
Now that you know how to cook t bone steak, it’s time to get in the kitchen and try it for yourself! This delicious steak is perfect for any occasion, and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Bon appetit! Don’t forget to check out our other how-to guides for more cooking tips and tricks.